2011年12月9日 星期五

TIT*F ! You’re the best !

Actually I’ve been to TIT*F twice before, but both visits were made after 7:30 pm so only plain white bread was left in the bakery

Finally my third visit here was fruitful! It was on a weekday (around noon time) -- at the moment I stepped into the bakery, I was like “wow... what a great variety of bread and cakes in such a petite bakery!”

I loved their idea of wrapping most of the bread and cakes individually in plastic bags since it looked much more hygienic, especially when the bakery’s facing the road and the door’s wide open all the time.



Feeling a bit sick on that day, I wanted something simple and plain only, but it wasn’t a bad idea after all since I could really focus on tasting the flavour and texture of the bread itself. A pack of colorful buns then came into my sight. Costing only $10 for three different flavours?! I picked it up without hesitation and headed towards the cashier…then I noticed a tray of lovely egg tarts!


“They are not egg tarts,” the saleslady corrected me, They are called German pudding, $7 each..."  I didn’t really care what the correct name should be, as they look alluring enough for me to buy one right away!

I went straight home from TIT*F in order to devour the little bread & tart asap, and the first thing I did when I got home, was to put the pudding into oven for reheating. Meanwhile I opened the bag of buns and was able to sniff the refreshing aroma of herbs immediately. Tempted to put the herb bread into my mouth first, but I ended up starting off with the “plainest” piece of bread (which is the sesame bun): the dough was considerably dense but incredibly soft! The white sesame on the top was finely roasted to a golden color, conveying both a pleasant aroma and palatable after-taste, as well as enhancing the flavour of the bun. Great!


The green tea bun came right after. The scent was not very strong, however the green tea flavour came natural and rich on the first bite (and the subsequent bites too, of course). The sweetness of the bread was just perfect, and the texture of the dough was just as good as the sesame bun. Nevertheless, the black sesame on the top enriched every bite with extra crispiness. Another nicely baked piece of bread.

I loved the herb bread most though, as it was full of fresh, herbal flavour and had a bit of “chewiness + sponginess” in addition to the soft texture. It was terrific and I could say this is one of the best piece of herb bread I’ve ever eaten! Definitely worth a try!


Finally, the German Pudding was ready hot from the oven! It actually resembled the tall egg tart cups at Yamazaki Bakery in terms of appearance, but definitely quite a huge difference in terms of flavour and texture. The “pudding” had subtle sweetness in order not to overshadow the natural egg and cream flavour within it. The texture was rich, smooth and creamy, which made a perfect combination with the flaky and crispy buttery crust. There wasn’t any chocolate at the bottom of the pudding which others mentioned, which I would consider “lucky” since I would rather enjoy the “pure” flavour of the pudding. (just thinking the pudding would taste like “crème brulee” after freezing it…)


Oh my goodness, everything was awesome! I would definitely re-visit the bakery again for other variety of bread. I deeply appreciate its use of genuine and natural ingredients plus creativity in bread baking. See you again soon, TIT*F !!!

沒有留言:

張貼留言